Sticky Maple Sausages Wrapped in Prosciutto and Cheese Pastry.
You will need 12 wooden skewers
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
30g finely grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
12 Hafner's Recipe 77 sausages
12 slices of prosciutto, cut in half horizontally
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Shop bought tomato relish
1. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Place the pastry sheet on a clean work surface. Brush with a little egg and sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Use a rolling pin to gently roll over the cheddar mixture to lightly press into the pastry.
3. Cut the pastry into 12 strips. Transfer to a silicone paper lined tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Thread each sausage onto a wooden skewer. Starting at the top of the sausage carefully wrap 2 strips of prosciutto around the sausage. Now, repeat with a strip of pastry, press to seal and place onto prepared trays seam side down, leave a little gap between each sausage.
5. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, brush with maple syrup and return to the oven to bake for a further 5 minutes until golden and crisp.