Arthur Mallon Foods Is the leading producer of sausages in Ireland, creating award winning sausages in County Monaghan since 1940. The company originated from Arthur Mallon’s Butchers shop in Monaghan Town, which was famous for its tasty and creative sausages recipes. We have won over 160 awards both nationally and internationally, which makes us the most awarded sausage maker in Ireland!
Mallon Foods is committed to promoting a healthy work environment that attracts and inspires excellence at all levels, ensuring customer satisfaction. We aim to maintain a fair and consistent approach in all areas of selection and recruitment. This is achieved via equality, retention and continual development through the principles of teamwork, training, improvement and empowerment within your role.
Our people are hardworking, talented and dedicated, with a great pride in what we can achieve together. If you are committed, determined and ready to give your all, we want to hear from you.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a highly organized and energetic individual for the role of Quality Manager
|Level of authority
- To initiate a product recall in relation to a food safety / quality issue.
- To make full and final decisions on all quality and food safety issues.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of relevant third party and customer standards
- To ensure that all aspects of the MPQAS Standard is adhered to.
- Ensuring compliance with Regulatory requirements
- Non-Conforming Product Management.
- Product Release.
- Complaint Handling
- To discipline any member of staff on quality issues regardless of status.
|Purpose of the job
- To develop and monitor the quality system, procedures and practices to ensure that the company’s quality policy is adhered to.
- And to ensure the production of a top quality and safe product always.
- To mange and develop direct reports in the quality team
|Main area of responsibility
- To develop and implement product quality and product safety systems / manuals.
- Act on all quality matters pertaining to the company products and services both internally and externally.
- To ensure closure, corrective/ preventative action of non- conformances as they arise.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of product and / or service non conformity.
- Identify and record any product and/or service quality problems.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementations of solutions
- To oversee the training and implementation of good hygiene practises with both staff and plant.
- To ensure that all finished product reaches the required specification when despatched.
- To deal with customer issues and queries when they arise.
- To oversee the completion of all records in relation to quality control. Maintaining all records relevant to current accreditations held by Mallon Foods.
- To liaise with Management team on any important quality issues.
- You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to transfer to other duties within the business unit.
- To adhere to all company rules and policies.
|Other areas of responsibility
- To help train new staff
- To participate in any training activities as required of you by the company
- To carry out other duties as and when the company deems appropriate.
|Relationship with other jobs
- To support the production team and ultimately the company with an independent observation of quality and food safety issues.
|Who deputises in your absence
- Technical manager major decisions
- Quality team on day to day QC
Please forward a copy of your CV via email to email@example.com